This Beetroot and Butternut Salad combines the best of both worlds—healthy goodness and comfort in every bite! Ideal for a tasty vegetarian lunch or a light dinner, it’s a fall favorite that’s both easy to make and incredibly delicious.
- 3 medium-sized beets, washed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and sliced into half-inch pieces
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or mozzarella, crumbled (based on preference)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (use plant-based for a vegan option)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp fresh zested ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Prepping the Veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash, peel, and dice beets. Place the diced beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Peel the butternut squash and chop it into 1-inch pieces. Place the butternut squash slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roasting the Veggies:
- Drizzle olive oil over the butternut squash slices and the diced beets and sprinkle with salt.
- Place both the beets and the baking sheet with butternut squash in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Making the Dressing:
- In a bowl, combine tahini, yogurt, maple syrup, ginger, and a pinch of salt. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You can find the full recipe HERE.
- Assembling the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, add the mixed green as the base.
- Layer the roasted butternut squash and beet slices on top.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, crumbled goat cheese or mozzarella, and fresh parsley.
- Drizzle the prepared low-acid tahini-ginger dressing over the salad.
- Toss gently to combine before serving.
Adjust ingredients based on your GERD-tolerance level. This salad can be easily made vegan by using plant-based yogurt and cheese.