This grain-free cinnamon apple granola makes the perfect snack or addition to breakfast. Crunchy, mildly sweet, and infused with flavors of maple and cinnamon– there is so much to love!
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Combine the pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp of salt in a medium-sized bowl. Then stir in the oil and maple syrup.
- Spread out evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes and then give the granola stir. Raise the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until the granola is a toasty golden brown (this took 7-8 minutes for me).
- Let cool for 15 minutes before stirring. This allows the granola to clump up more. Once the granola is cooled off, stir in apple chips.
Approx. 5-7 FPs per serving (1/4-1/3 cup = 1 serving). FP stands for Fermentation Potential and is used to determine the symptom potential in foods for those using the Fast Tract Diet to heal/improve symptoms of GERD, LPR, SIBO, IBS, etc.
To make the nuts and seeds more digestible, you can soak the nuts and seeds before hand. Directions to do this are above in the blog post.
If you prefer a finer texture of granola, roughly chop the pecans and walnuts before hand.
If I eat too many nuts and seeds in one sitting, bloating and digestive upset is short to follow. I stick to a 1/4 to a 1/3 cup for a serving, but feel free to decrease or increase the serving size depending on what your body can tolerate.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Sodium: 30 grams
- Fat: 15.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.4 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 3.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 grams
Keywords: grain-free, granola, apple-cinnamon, paleo, grain-free granola, paleo granola