Microwave hard boiled eggs are the best! They are so easy to make and only take 10 minutes to cook.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Salt
- Place your eggs in a microwave-safe container or bowl with a lid.
- Add enough water to the container to cover the eggs completely.
- If desired, add a pinch of salt to the water to help prevent the eggs from cracking.
- Place the lid on the container and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave and how many eggs you are cooking. (For 1-2 eggs, cook for 5 minutes. For 3-4 eggs, cook for 6 minutes. For 5-6 eggs, cook for 7 minutes).
- When the time is up, carefully remove the container from the microwave and let it sit for a minute or two to cool down.
- Remove the lid and use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the eggs from the container.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water for a few seconds to stop the cooking process and make them easier to handle.
- Peel and enjoy your perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs!
Be careful when handling the container and the eggs as they will be hot. It’s also important to adjust the cooking time based on your microwave’s wattage and the number of eggs you’re cooking, as overcooking can result in rubbery or overcooked eggs.
One expert tip for microwaving hard boiled eggs is to pierce the eggshell with a pin or a sharp knife before cooking. This will help prevent the eggs from exploding in the microwave due to the buildup of steam inside the egg. Simply poke a small hole in the larger end of the egg (where the air pocket is located) before placing it in the microwave-safe container with water. This small step can make all the difference in ensuring your eggs cook perfectly and safely in the microwave.