This easy Irish Cabbage Soup recipe is healthy, comforting, and deeply flavorful. Serve it with oat flour biscuits for a simple, delicious meal.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken bone broth ( or purchase here)
Sea salt, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the carrots and celery to the pot and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the pot and sauté 5 minutes, until it begins to cook down. Stir in potatoes.
- Pour in bone broth, add bay leaves, and increase heat to high.
- Bring up to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer 12–15 minutes, just until potatoes are tender.
- Season with sea salt to taste and serve topped with plenty of chopped fresh parsley.