Everyone needs a go-to salad dressing recipe they can whip up in a few minutes! Bonus points if that recipe is so good your guests will try to drink shots of it. Here’s how to make it:
1/4 cup plant-based yogurt
1/2 cup plant-based milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Just enough heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Whisk cornstarch into the water and then whisk that mixture into the simmering dressing.
- Stir constantly. Let this simmer for 2 minutes to thicken up.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- If cornstarch doesn’t work for you, substitute arrowroot powder in a 1:1 ratio. It’s a great thickener that has almost no taste and low PH, so it’s great for reflux sufferers.
- If you absolutely don’t want to use apple cider vinegar, you can substitute a teaspoon of unsweetened apple juice or a dry white wine.
- In general, the herbs in this recipe are well tolerated, however, make sure to leave out or substitute anything that doesn’t work for you.