Whip up these quick and delicious vegan, gluten-free Turkish Potatoes in just 25 minutes! Infused with Middle Eastern flavors like turmeric and coriander, and topped with a medley of fresh herbs. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal!
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 Medium-Sized Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1–2 cm cubes
1 tsp Ground Coriander
2 tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Dill
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan until simmering.
- Peel and chop potatoes into 1-2 cm cubes.
- Add ground turmeric and ground coriander to the hot oil, toasting for a few seconds to release their flavors.
- Toss chopped potatoes into the skillet, ensuring they’re well-coated with the spices.
- Fry on low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring regularly for even cooking and golden browning.
- Add a generous amount of chopped cilantro, parsley, and dill, then sprinkle with kosher salt and, if tolerated, black pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until potatoes reach desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with a bit more fresh herbs, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Best Potatoes to Use: An all-purpose potato like Yukon Gold is my top choice for this recipe, offering the ideal texture and flavor.
- Serving Ideas: These Turkish Potatoes make an excellent side dish paired with Beef Kebobs or alongside Pan-Seared Sea Bass. The flavors complement each other beautifully.
- Storing and Reheating Leftovers: To preserve their deliciousness, store leftover potatoes in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Enjoy them at room temperature or reheat in a skillet with a touch of olive oil until warmed through.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: sides, vegan, gluten free, turkish potatoes