Turmeric Coconut Rice! A golden, fragrant, and delicious side that compliments a variety of dishes with its flavors of buttery coconut and poignant turmeric.
- 1 1/2 cups of jasmine rice
- 1 cup of unsweetened full coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/8–1/4 tsp of fresh ginger (peeled and grated), optional
- 2 tsps of coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp of ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 bay leaf
- pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet, then add grated ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, full fat coconut milk, ground turmeric, 3/4 tsp of salt, bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Add jasmine rice, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer on low heat until the liquid is absorbed (about 18 minutes). Fluff with a fork and serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Approx. 1 FP per serving. FP stands for Fermentation Potential and is used to determine the symptom potential in foods for those using the Fast Tract Diet to heal/improve symptoms of GERD, LPR, SIBO, IBS, etc.
The nutritional information provided (i.e. calories) comes from online calculators. Although thegerdchef.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 157
Keywords: turmeric rice, coconut rice, turmeric coconut rice, jasmine rice