This vibrant and delicious Zucchini Watercress Soup recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for any season.
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 cup of watercress (leaves and stems)
- 3 cups of broth
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used dairy-free nut milk)
- 3 tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or grassfed butter
- a good quality salt, to taste
- Optional; cashew cream (read above for how to make your own), bacon, and watercress leaves for toppings
- Saute sliced zucchini in olive oil or grassfed butter for 3-4 minutes in a stock pot: season evenly with a good quality salt.
- Add broth to stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add watercress to stock pot and cook for 5 more minutes, covered.
- Once the soup is done simmering, let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Then add it to a blender or use an immersion blender and process until you get a creamy consistency. Add back to stockpot and bring to a simmer.
- While waiting for the liquid to simmer, stir together the tapioca starch with 1/2 cup of cold milk (I used a dairy-free nut milk) until there are no lumps. Stir mixture into the soup.
- Let soup cook for 2-3 more minutes to allow it to thicken. Remove from heat and serve. Top with cashew cream or bacon and garnish with watercress leaves.
Approx. 3-4 FPs per serving – FP stands for Fermentation Potential and is used to determine the symptom potential in foods for those using the Fast Tract Diet to heal/improve symptoms of GERD, LPR, SIBO, IBS, etc.
- Category: Soups and Pureés
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: dairy-free zucchini soup, vegan, dairy-free, zuchinni