Craving a nutritious addition to your alkaline diet? Our Alkaline Butternut Squash Soup is the answer! With its rich, earthy flavors, it’s a satisfying and healthy choice.
– 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
– 3 carrots chopped
– 3 celery stalks
– 3 1/2 cups of broth
– 1/2 cup of cashew milk (or other dairy-free milk)
– 3/4 tsp of sage
– Salt to taste
– Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Begin by placing the peeled and cubed butternut squash, roughly chopped carrots, and celery into your crockpot.
- Pour in the bone broth, add a pinch of salt, and sprinkle in the sage. Ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Set your crockpot to low heat and allow the mixture to cook for 6 hours, giving the flavors time to meld and the vegetables to become tender.
- After 6 hours, add the cashew milk to the crockpot, stirring well to incorporate.
- Carefully transfer the soup mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Be cautious, as hot liquids can splatter. You may want blend half at a time or use an immersion blender instead.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a saucepan and let it simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to further develop.
- Serve your steaming bowl of butternut squash soup, garnished with an extra drizzle of cashew milk and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves for an added burst of flavor.
- Category: soup
Keywords: soup, butternut squash, alkaline soup