Baked potatoes are an excellent light lunch or side dish for those that struggle with acid reflux. They are naturally low in fat which can trigger symptoms and high in starch which can reduce symptoms. Here is the best way to prepare them.
Russet Baking Potatoes
1/2 cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
2 tablespoons Minced Fresh Herbs (such as parsley, basil, dill, oregano, and/or thyme)
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Scrub potatoes well and pat dry. Poke with the tines of a fork in at least 5 places.
- For the crispiest and most flavorful skin, lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- To oven bake: Place oven racks in the bottom and middle positions. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a sheet pan on the bottom rack, just in case the potatoes drip oil as they bake. Place the potatoes directly on the middle rack and bake 50 minutes, until fork tender.
- To air-fry: Place 1–4 potatoes in the air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 375°F and cook 35 minutes for 1 potato or 40 minutes for 2 or more potatoes, until fork tender.
- Make herbed ricotta cheese for topping the potatoes by using a fork to whisk together ricotta, minced fresh herbs of your choice, garlic powder, and salt.