These simple oven-baked eggplant fries are deliciously crispy on the outside and tender and creamy in the middle! Perfect for dipping in our No Tomato Sauce! Plus, this recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan!
⁃ 1 medium eggplant
⁃ 1/2 cup of almond meal
⁃ 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
⁃ 2 egg yolks (feel free to just use 1 egg or a plant based egg alternative)
⁃ 1 tbsp of almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
⁃ 1 tsp of dried basil
⁃ 1 tsp of garlic powder (I find this to be easier on the stomach than whole garlic, but feel free to omit)
⁃ 3/4 tsp of salt
⁃ 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
⁃ 1/8 tsp of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine almond meal, nutritional yeast, and seasoning in a shallow container.
- In a separate container combine egg yolks and dairy-free milk.
- Cut the ends of the eggplant, peel, and cut into fry shapes.
- With one hand dip an eggplant fry in the egg-milk mixture and shake off excess. Set the fry in the dish with the almond meal coating and with the other hand cover the fry evenly in coating, then set on a baking sheet. Continue doing this with all the eggplant fries.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Flip the eggplant fries and bake for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or with no-mato sauce!
- Category: Snacks, Appetizer, Sides
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Freezer Friendly, Eggplant Fries