These healthy deconstructed burger bowls with special sauce are the perfect way to get your burger fix with even more fresh veggies and flavor. These bowls are so easy to make, use only real food ingredients, and the delicious “tzatziki” dressing pulls everything together. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, low-fat, and low-carb.
1 small cucumber
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
1/3 cup plant-based yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 cups mixed salad greens
- Quick pickle the cucumbers by thinly slicing and tossing in the cider vinegar, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Create a dill yogurt sauce by whisking together the plant-based yogurt, chopped dill, onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and sauté until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using your hands, combine the ground turkey, oregano, garlic powder, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Form into 4 burger patties.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and sear for 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked throughout.
- Prepare 4 burger bowls by adding 2 cups of mixed greens to each bowl. Top each with a burger patty, an equal amount of the cooked mushrooms, and an equal amount of the pickled cucumber. Spoon a large dollop of the dill yogurt sauce over top to complete the bowl.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deconstructed burger bowl, burger salad, burger in a bowl, easy, quick