A delicious combination of a light and crispy gluten-free crust, no tomato pizza sauce, ground turkey “sausage”, and dairy-free cheese. It’s GERD-friendly, pizza perfection at its best.
1 cup warm water
1 packet (7 grams) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups Caputo Fioreglut gluten-free flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 small bunch broccolini
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon coconut aminos, or 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 cup Tomato-Free Pasta Sauce
4 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded (or 3/4 cup of Miyoko’s liquid pizza cheese)
- Stir together warm water, yeast, and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes before stirring in extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, stir together gluten-free flour and salt.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour and set the electric mixer to medium speed for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides at least once. Without a mixer, use a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients together for 5 minutes, until a dough has formed.
- Spray a mixing bowl with olive oil spray. Lightly spray your hands with olive oil spray to prevent the dough from sticking to them and form the dough into a ball. Place in the mixing bowl and cover. Set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, boil or steam the broccolini until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and season with salt to taste.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and begin to crumble. Drizzle with coconut aminos and season with crushed fennel seeds and oregano. Sauté until cooked throughout, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Prepare the pizza by spraying a pizza pan with olive oil spray. Place the risen dough in the center of the pan and press it outward until it reaches the edges. For a crispier crust, brush the outer edges with additional olive oil.
- Spread the Tomato-Free Pasta Sauce over the surface of the crust in a thin layer. Top with vegan mozzarella cheese, cooked broccolini, and cooked ground turkey. For more flavor, sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Bake 13 minutes. Crust should puff up slightly and toppings will begin to char as they would in a wood-fired pizza oven.
- Note: The crust will only lightly brown. Do not overbake waiting for the crust to brown.