Filled with a crispy, savory mixture of gluten-free bread crumbs, spinach, artichokes and herbs, these stuffed mushrooms are a tantalizing reflux-friendy appetizer!
Not only are these mushrooms a delicious and healthy appetizer, but they are also easy to make and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes!
1 pound baby bella mushrooms, button mushrooms, or stuffing mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons water
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
Olive oil spray, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- After scrubbing, twist stems out of mushrooms and discard. Place the mushroom caps on the the parchment paper-lined sheet pan.
- Pour olive oil and water into a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in chopped spinach, breadcrumbs, chopped artichokes, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and salt. Sauté until spinach has wilted and breadcrumbs have formed a dough, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool at least 5 minutes.
- Stuff the mushroom caps on the parchment paper with a rounded tablespoon of the sautéed filling. For the best browning, spray the stuffed mushroom caps lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake 13–15 minutes, just until the mushrooms are tender and filling is beginning to brown.
They’re best when they’re warm, so make them right before you serve them!