These chocolate-covered gut-friendly date snickers are made with real food ingredients and taste even better than an actual Snickers bar. Vegan + gluten-free.
6 Tablespoons Almond Butter
¼ Cup Chopped or Crushed Almonds
1/2 cup of Unrefined Coconut Oil
1/3 cup of Roasted Carob Powder
2 tbsp of Maple Syrup (to make sugar-free, use erythritol)
1–2 Scoops Collagen Peptides (for extra gut-loving benefits + protein)
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit.
- Mix 4 TBSP of Almond Butter with Crushed Almonds.
- Fill each date with almond butter filling (about ½ teaspoon). Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat (alternatively, you can microwave for about 30-60 seconds).
- Once the coconut oil is melted, remove the pan from the burner. Gradually add in the roasted carob powder, and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add maple syrup (or another sweetener), almond butter, and collagen peptides, and keep stirring until completely combined.
- Dip each date into melted chocolate and use a fork to coat the date until completely covered. Place the chocolate-covered dates on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle the remaining crushed almonds on top of each date.
- Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
- Keep leftover chocolate-covered dates in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you decide to use cocoa when making this, keep in mind that carob has a sweeter taste, so I don’t have to use as much natural sweetener. Adjust sweetener amounts as needed.
To make this recipe sugar-free, I highly recommend using powdered erythritol
If you have a nut allergy, any seed butter will work as a replacement!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Almond Butter Stuffed Dates, Date Snickers