These Italian-Style Turkey Burgers are full of flavor and tasty ingredients. Enjoy lettuce-wrapped or paired with baked zucchini fries.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of chopped spinach (stems cut off)
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp of celery salt
- 1/4 tsp of dried majorjam
- 1/4 tsp each of onion and garlic powder, if tolerated
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp of coconut aminos (a soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (more as needed for cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add spinach, fresh parsley, and basil leaves to a blender. Process for 30 seconds or until finely chopped.
- Add ground turkey, the fresh herbs and spinach you just chopped, diced mushrooms, coconut aminos, and dried seasonings to a bowl and combine. Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a tennis ball), then flatten into a patty. To prevent the patty from shrinking and for more even cooking, make an indent in the center of the patty so that it is thinner in the center than it is on the edges.
- Cover and refrigerate patties for 15 minutes.
- Spread the patties out on a rimmed baking sheet or dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes (flipping halfway).
- After baking, add a tbsp of olive oil to a heated skillet and sear patties for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Category: Mains
Keywords: ground turkey, fresh herbs, italian turkey burger