Get ready for a fun and fruity treat that’s easy to make! With just three simple ingredients, these homemade vegan gummy bears are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup Fruit Juice
- 2 teaspoons Agar Agar Powder
- 2–3 tablespoons Sweetener (sugar/maple syrup/agave)
- Gummy Bear Mold
- Place your Gummy Bear Mold on a large plate and set it aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine your fruit juice, sweetener, and agar agar powder, and bring it to a boil. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- After boiling for 1 minute, remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for about 5-10 minutes. You can transfer it to another bowl to cool it down faster. Be careful not to let it cool too much, as it may start to harden.
- Use the dropper that comes with your gummy bear mold to fill each little bear with the mixture until the mold is filled up.
- Transfer the large plate with the filled mold to the fridge and let it harden for 10-20 minutes.
- Once the vegan gummy bears are hardened, take the mold out of the fridge and pop them out onto a plate or container.
- Repeat the process with each flavor you want to make.
You can make a lot of vegan gummy bears with just one cup of juice or liquid! If you’re only using one tray, you’ll likely only use 1/3 of the liquid and have plenty left over. To avoid waste, you can halve the recipe if you only have one mold and want to make multiple flavors.
This recipe yields 200 bears (each mold makes 50 bears), but don’t worry – they’re small, so 200 bears only amount to about 1.5 to 2 cups of gummy bears. If you’re planning to snack on them frequently, you may want to make multiple batches of 200.