I can’t wait for you to try these Skillet Turkey Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy! Tender homemade meatballs in a flavorful mushroom-based gravy. This tasty one-pan meal will be the perfect gluten-free and dairy-free recipe to add to your weekly menu.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 3 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 7–8 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp of himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Add the fresh parsley and basil to a blender and process, or finely chop. Add the chopped herbs to a mixing bowl, along with ground turkey, nutritional yeast, and salt. Combine without over mixing.
- Roll mixture into balls with a 1 1/2 in. diameter.
- Cook meatballs in a skillet over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through, using a pair of tongs to carefully rotate them every couple of minutes so that they can cook evenly. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add diced mushrooms to the skillet (add oil or broth to the pan if needed) Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes or until tender, seasoning evenly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the arrowroot flour and reduce heat to medium low. Let cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the broth and milk and let that simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow the liquid to thicken. You can add more broth for a runnier consistency and more arrowroot for a thicker texture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley to taste. Add meatballs back to pan and enjoy!
- This recipe tastes delicious on it’s own or paired with rice (I use jasmine rice because my digestive system can tolerate it). You can also go with mashed potatoes or cauliflower for a grain-free option!
- I use onion and garlic powder in this recipe and many other recipes because my digestive system can’t tolerate whole onion or garlic. Feel free to omit completely depending on what you can tolerate.
- All nutrition facts in this recipe, such as calories, are an estimation.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Swedish-inspired
- Serving Size: 3 servings
- Calories: 255
Keywords: turkey meatballs, mushroom gravy, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo