I can’t wait for you to try these Skillet Turkey Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy! Delicious, tender meatballs with a creamy, flavorful mushroom-based gravy. This tasty one-pan meal will be the perfect gluten-free and dairy-free recipe to add to your weekly menu.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 3 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 7-8 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp of himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Add the fresh parsley and basil to a blender and process, or finely chop.
- Place the chopped herbs to a mixing bowl along with ground turkey, nutritional yeast, and salt. Combine without over mixing.
- Roll mixture into balls with a 1 1/2 in. diameter.
- Brown meatballs in a skillet over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, using a pair of tongs to carefully rotate them every couple of minutes so that they can brown evenly. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add diced mushrooms to the skillet (add oil or broth to the pan if needed) and season them evenly with 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the arrowroot flour and reduce heat to medium low. Let cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the broth and milk and let that simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow the liquid to thicken. You can add more broth for a runnier consistency and more arrowroot for a thicker texture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley to taste.
- This recipe tastes delicious on it’s own or paired with rice (I use jasmine rice because my digestive system can tolerate it), or go with mashed potatoes or cauliflower for a grain-free option!
- I use onion and garlic powder in this recipe and many other recipes because my digestive system can’t tolerate whole onion or garlic. Feel free to omit completely depending on what you can tolerate.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Swedish-Inspired
Keywords: turkey meatballs, mushroom gravy, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo